Meet Dr. Debra Shin
Debra Shin, DDS MSD
Dental School: UCLA
Orthodontic School: Colorado University
A great smile opens many doors for the rest of your life. A person’s confidence blossoms with the gift of a smile, and Dr. Debra feels honored to be trusted with the job to custom design your legendary smile for you.
She is open and welcoming, and loves to answer all your questions. She is dedicated to make you and your family feel comfortable throughout your experience at Shin Orthodontics. Rest assured that she would update your progress with honesty and consistency, and she cares for all of her patients like she would for her own family.
Dr. Debra Shin isn’t your run-of-the-mill orthodontist. In fact, you may even say she played a great hand in the gamble of her own destiny. If you asked her today, she would tell you she considers herself privileged and fortunate to have arrived here.
- Dr. Debra practiced orthodontics in Greater Los Angeles region for several years before moving to the Music City, Nashville TN, where she worked as an associate.
- Dr. Debra loves to learn! She believes the best professionals remain perpetual students!
- Dr. Debra is a member of the American Association of Orthodontists and the American Dental Association.
- In addition, Dr. Shin is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Less than 25% of all orthodontic specialists go through the comprehensive examination to become board certified, which demonstrates Dr. Debra’s commitment to excellence.
- Dr. Debra is fluent in Mandarin Chinese and is a beginner at Spanish.
- Dr. Debra finds her zen in the swimming pool. She learned to snowboard while living in the Rocky mountain mile high city in her residency. She loves to make healthy home-cooked meals for her family, and always looks forward to travel to places she hasn’t been!
Meet Dr. Richard Shin
Richard Shin, DDS MS FRCD(C) MRACDS(Orth)
Dental School: Maryland University
Orthodontic School: Vanderbilt University
If you are planning a trip to anywhere in the world, you might want to ask Dr. Richard if he’s been there, and the chances are that he has!
Dr. Richard left his native Korea with his family at early age and was fortunate to experience living in a number of different countries that most of us could only imagine… if you would like to know where he has been, please feel free to ask him the next time you meet him. He will gladly talk to you about his travels!
- Dr. Richard practiced orthodontics in Los Angeles, California, for several years.
- Dr. Richard also spent two years in full-time teaching and practiced as an orthodontic faculty at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Dr. Richard has treated patients with cleft lip and palate deformities as well as other craniofacial deformities as part of the Vanderbilt’s CranioFacial Anomalies Team.
- Dr. Richard has been featured as a guest on Health, Wealth & Wisdom radio show on WMGG 1470 AM and on Healthy 4 Life WSMV Channel 4 News.
- Drs. Richard and Debra met at a conference for the orthodontists and have been married since 2009. They are loving parents of a highly energetic 7 year old princess named Audrey.
- Dr. Richard is also fluent in Korean, is at tourist conversational French and at beginner’s Arabic.
- Dr. Richard loves to spend time with his family and friends, travel, play the guitar and swim.